Sunday, December 9, 2007

Studio Session

Our studio session was the last one in class, and therefore we had to be the most prepared. I was very nervous about the lines because any time i am given more then 4 lines to memorize i start to worry about whether or not i will be able to remember them. I often get caught up in my head with trying to remember lines and wind up not listening to Gaby's character at all. I think i did slightly better with this in class, especially after our first run through of it and after receiving feedback from the class and Jon. I was unsure whether or not the minimal physical score we had would detract from our scene, but the class said it was ok since the text was engaging. Working with my dramatic action helped to keep my energy, interest, and focus up in the scene. I enjoyed trying different tactics with Gaby's character in order to get what my character wants out from her. Playing around with different intonations and pauses makes the dramatic action more apparent. While we continue rehearsals i will continue to experiment with different tactics in speech and movement, and hopefully i will settle on some before our Work in Progress performance on Tuesday.

1 comment:

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.