Sunday, September 16, 2007
Personal Acting Gift and Gauntlet
I think my good quality as an actor is my focus during a scene. I believe I am able to become engulfed in a scene and not waiver my sight from what is at hand, but I also feel that it is my weakness in that my focus clouds my ability to relax my nerves and causes me to have difficulty expressing emotion through my face and bodily movements. I think one of my main goals is to go into a scene as I would to a normal conversation so that I do not arouse a sense of stiffness in my performance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry, I still don't know how to post my own, so I am just using this comment area to post. I really don't know what personal acting gift nor what my gauntlet is because I have never studied this profession before and I don't have any kind of eye for it, but I'll take a guess...I think I am good at imitating myself at other points in my life, and calling upon experience when I need to express something. However, this is not so good because I assume that I will eventually have to act like someone other than myself. :) As for my gauntlet, I notice that I am pretty noncommital as a performer, and tend not to throw myself physically into it. Maybe if I abandon all fear, self-consciousness, or whatever it is, I will be able to perform with great passion.
Post a Comment