I think that one of my key attributes in acting is my comedic timing. Last year, in two shows I had no lines, thus my actions had to convey to the audience the humor, as I was primarily comedic relief. My timing of when to deliver a particular line, or when to make a certain facial expression seems to get great reactions from the audience. I think since I usually fully commit to the comedy of the scene, the actions are common, yet believable, resulting in humor.
One of the main things I need to work on is my physical presence in a scene. How my body is positioned in regards to certain scenes while delivering lines is always something I forget about focusing on, as the lines distract me. However, in We Won't Pay rehearsals, the physical parts of acting has been a main focus, so hopefully I can master this aspect of my acting.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment