I too will begin with a Ravenous reflection, as I enjoyed the show quite immensely. Unlike other shows I have seen this one had a great deal of symbolism, making the audience concentrate much harder on the action. The first scene of the play involved one of the actresses portraying the many failed births with Kleenex. While the symbols were quite simple, by the end, the Kleenex really represented children. I was lucky enough to be sitting in the front row, thus I got to interact with the actors. The show was very interactive, as the audience represented the King in the show. Some of the actors would come and ask audience members, not with words, but with motions, to performs varies tasks. Since I seemed more responsive than most, I was approached a few times. The actors had a tremendous deal of energy throughout the performance, mostly resulting in great humor, yet during some moments, such as the funeral, very powerful images rendered the audience spellbound and emotional.
The vocal workshop on Tuesday was a interesting and productive session. While everyone knows how to breath, the correct technique is never really taught. Last year breathing was covered in both Glee Club, as well as rehearsal for One Stoplight in Hollis. However, Vera proved to be even more helpful, as in my rehearsal for We Won't Pay yesterday, I found myself thinking about my breathing. Hopefully in the next few weeks and months, I can really find my center to help my delivery.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am leaving my post as a comment because I still have been unnable to figure out how to post the regular way :) Anyway, who would have ever guessed that breathing could be so difficult, require so much effort, or so much attention to detail? I really enjoyed Vera's lessons--she was so encouraging to us "baby breathers!" As for Ravenous, everyone in the cast is very talented.
Post a Comment