Monday, November 12, 2007

1. Which play performance impacted you the most? How did it impact you and why?
Jason and Keira's performance of 1st constant was my favorite. I think that I appreciated it so much because I also perfomred the 1st constant with Allison, and I just found it so difficult to make sense of the play and perform it with meaning. I know it's true that you appreciate something more when you have experienced the difficulty of doing it yourself. For example, most people will not appreciate the talent of an exceptional bass player as well as another bass player will. So, having experience with the performance myself, I was so impressed with their rendition of it! I actually liked it a lot better than mine :). Having practiced it as a comedic scence, the reality and sense of despair with which they performed it made me go, wow.
2. Whose performance impacted you the most? How did it impact you and why?
Keira's performances in 1st constant, and also in All Good Things... impacted me the most. Again, I think this is true especially because I also performed both of the roles that she did in these 2 scenes, and I loved to see how she took something that I found so difficult to work with, and transformed it into believable, profound characters. While I think that I took a comedic approach in both scenes, she really dug deep into the possible reality and seriousness of the performed situations.
3. Name and discuss a strength in their acting technique that supported their performance.
Keira used a lot of prolonged silences to display the pure emotion of her characters. She didn't rush the scene, and over-exaggerate shape or motion or any of the viewpoints--I think that less was more.
4. Consider each member of your blog group. For each member, name their "best" performance moment (experienced by you) and briefly discuss what they were doing in terms of technique that allowed that moment to be effective acting.
Tom- his reacting after looking in the mirror in Sin Collector; I thought he did a good job physically conveying the weight of sin.
Jeremy- the moment when he and Laura stare at eachother in Sin Collector; in this case less was more.
Anna- when she says "Don't you try and make a fool of me!" the first time in 7-11. I literally laughed each time I heard her say that! I guess it was because her voice sounded so small and sweet that it reminded me of a little kid getting mad.
Stacey- her facially expression after she tells Gabby in 7-11 what her sound is. She subtley conveys that she thinks her class is weird without being obvious, which makes it even funnier.
5. Consider each member of your blog group. Imagine that you've been hired to shore up their most apparent weakness, unanswered challenge or missed opportunity. Name it and make the most helpful suggestion you can to aid them.
Tom- I thought he could have projected his character more in Intermission.
Jeremy- I agree with Anna that he could stray from the funny character more.
Anna- She has a small voice, like me, and could project more.
Stacey- I always find her to be funny, maybe she could try a really really serious role.

No comments: