Friday, November 30, 2007
Studio Session!
Since we began working on the studio sessions, I’ve seen a lot of our acting training from the semester being combined, bringing all the little pieces together at last. When it came to our scene from ‘The Dispute,’ my weakness is obviously my voice and my ability to embody the intention of the scene. With my voice, it is difficult because I suppose my voice comes most naturally in a higher register. It feels odd trying to pitch down. I feel like I lose the ability to show emotion because it seems that everything I say is rather flat. Sure, it may be more understandable, but I believe the new obstacle is being able to infuse that with emotion. I think I’m improving when it comes to projecting, although I must say I did not notice a change in how I spoke once I took my choker off. But hey, if it makes everything think I’m louder, then I guess I’ll go with it. As for embodying the character and the scene, it is true that I totally understand the arch of the story. However, I have a hard time getting my thoughts out physically. Give me pen and paper or a computer and I can tell you what it all means in minutes, but put me up on a stage and my English major side rears its ugly head – I read. I know what I’m thinking and what I want to do, but it doesn’t come out. However, I’m hoping that once I am completely solid and no longer fumble with ANY of my lines, I will hopefully be able to focus solely on physical specificity because I will no longer be fiddling with a script in my hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment