Monday, November 5, 2007

Collaboration in 365

SO, collaboration. For 365 there was varying levels for me, as it ranged from the 2nd constant, for which I collaborated solely with myself, to 9/11, which involved 5 other actors. However, for each of the plays, while other actors were involved, some distance was between myself and them. For Puja Play, Colleen and I both created separate actions and movements for ourselves, so that when we met, the ideas we were sharing easily were accepted and we could quickly move on to rehearsing our play. Not much collaboration was needed, as virtually the entire play had been worked out in each others minds. For 9/11, the collaboration was also quite different. I pretty much concentrated on working with Sarah, as she and I are the twin towers. We do interact with the otehr actors, but we are also somewhat separate from them. Sarah and I would primarily work on our physical score, and I would not really concentrate on what the other actors were doing, until it came to the point when we would respond to what they were saying. This did lead to some problems when we rehearsed before the class, as it was only then when we realized that no one could hear the other actors over Sarah and I, and that we were taking the focus off them. However, we did share feedback on each others physical scores, as Sarah and I worked off the feedback on how we should position ourselves at the end when we fall, as well as giving some advice on where the other actors might position themselves to the best effect. For Sin Collector, I really worked with Laura only, only recommending that Tom position himself closer to the bridge. Laura was the only one I physically worked with, so we primarily worked on our movements together, as she worked with Tom on theirs. For the 2nd constant, the only collaboration which occurred was with other members of the class who were performing the same play, asking them what their ideas for locations were. These conversations proved very helpful though, as they helped me find my location, as well as a good time to perform them. The biggest problem which arose from the collaborations was not clashing of ideas, which happened only once or twice, but was just meeting to collaborate. However, when the meeting did occur, they went very smoothly.

No comments: