So the past week we've been trying to figure out where the 365 plays are going, and as of today I really have started to get a good feeling for this. The analysis of each play really helped me discover how to embody the play more fully than I probably could have from simply reading it. The most interesting part of that assignment was probably the finding of pictures, as during two of my plays, I rely solely on my image, so seeing different ways of stance helped give me ideas. The general finding of each characters goals also helped focus me on which direction I should take my character and how he should react to various lines and actions. This whole process seems to be slightly rushed, since as of now, a number of groups still have yet to meet. Time management is definitely an issue for a number of us in the class right now, as four of us have We Won't Pay rehearsals on top of all the 365 performances and rehearsals.
The time spent in class discussing 365 has definitely left much to be desired, as I think some more class time should have been dedicated to some of each play, instead of just Jayson and Kira's play. While watching them work through the rehearsal process was interesting, I think the time could have been better spent looking at maybe more than one of the plays, or more probably, one of the plays that has a number of the class members in it.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment