Friday, October 12, 2007

Tom's & Stacey's Acting Goals.

I would like to begin by saying that I felt both performers did a fantastic job the second time around! For Tom, I believe he managed to incorporate his old goal and his new goal. While paying attention to his facial expression, I could also see his improved posture. When it came to the facial expressions, I could see that he was trying to incorporate different feelings, but I think Tom is just so good with his deadpan expressions, that his true gift lies in the fact that he can be comedic without ever moving a facial muscle. So working on facial expressions may be a challenge in the future, but I can already see improvement. As for Stacey, I thought she did a great job. She was hilarious from the start. I don't think she would've been able to get the audience laughing so quickly if she hadn't been fully invested in her character. During the middle I felt the energy drop a little. But then, when Jayson moved in toward her and she stopped him from getting closer, her reaction was genuine, fully reconnecting her with her character in the end and making us, the audience, laugh once more at the true emotion that peeked through.

No comments: