Saturday, October 27, 2007
Taking Time.
Since we started work on 365, I have felt a little more challenged than I have been in acting all semester. Maybe it’s the stress of trying to coordinate all our schedules that has really made it tough, but I feel like I am being spread too thin. I feel like we are too scattered and trying to accomplish too much at once. Being involved with so many short plays at once, I feel like we are spending more time trying to find a few minutes here and there to meet with each other than actually trying to understand what it is we’re supposed to be conveying to our audience. We spend more time fixated on blocking than deciphering intention. Being such short plays, it takes a much more focused reading to fully understand what the playwright’s meaning may be. However, we have so many we must not only interpret ourselves, but we must also come up with a collective sense of what we want to portray, and with the difficulty of finding a rehearsal time that satisfies everyone’s schedule, that’s near next to impossible. If not for that, I think we could make this the most interesting and creative thing Fairfield has ever seen. I want to put so much time and effort into each piece, but no matter how much I concentrate, I will simply be dissatisfied in some way or another because I feel like my whole self and attention will be unwillingly divided between all the plays. So my main challenge and goal as of right now is to be fully present and embody each of my characters to the fullest extent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment